Monday, August 22, 2005

Clafoutis

This summer I tried experimenting with clafoutis recipes.

Here is my apricot clafouti made with Hélène's recipe.




And here is my clafouti made from Cooking with Amy's posted recipe for cherry clafouti by Julia Child





Both recipes were followed exactly. However, I found that the apricot recipe needed a touch more sweetness, hence the crushed sugar sprinkles. I much preferred Hélène's recipe for its inclusion of melted butter--it added a richness that even adding crème fraîche could not match in Julia Child's recipe. Prior to trying Hélène's recipe, I had always preferred Julia's recipe, especially in technique.

I highly recommend either recipe--they are great ways to use up small pieces of or irregularly shaped fruit. Think of the batter as a cross between a custard and a crepe--eaten either warm or cold, with or without extra sugar or crème--clafoutis are delicious.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...